Hair damage is a common problem for many people. Split ends, breakage, and dry and frizzy hair can be frustrating for anyone. But the right hair products can help repair and restore damaged strands. In this article, we will share some of the best hair products for damaged hair as recommended by stylists.
From nourishing shampoos and conditioners to deep conditioning treatments, these products can help bring damaged hair back to life and leave it healthy and vibrant. Without further ado, let’s dive right in.
Top 10 Best Hair Products For Damaged Hair
1. OLAPLEX No.3 Hair Perfector
The Olaplex No. 3 hair perfector is one of the best hair repair products for bleached hair. This hair repair solution repairs the damage and protects hair structure. It helps relink the broken bonds in any hair type and leaves hair stronger than before.
While most people use it with Olaplex dyes, you can use it with any other brand. Sure, it works as a conditioner, but it’s not really a conditioner. Your hair will need a proper shampoo and conditioner after using the No. 3 hair perfector.
The best thing is you can use it without washing your hair. However, you can also use it after shampooing. We’ve noticed the results are much better on damp hair.
How To Use
- Apply a good amount from roots to ends
- Comb through hair
- Leave it in your hair for 10 minutes at least
- Rinse your hair with or without shampoo
- Avoid contact with eyes
- Use it 2-3 times a week for damage repair
2. MOROCCANOIL Treatment
If you’re looking for the best natural hair products for damaged hair, Moroccanoil should be on top of your list. It’s made from an argan oil blend with other natural ingredients, which gives it a non-greasy texture. So, this treatment helps to improve their hair’s health, shine, and overall appearance. It also protects hair from heat damage and other environmental factors.
Its other benefits are:
- Offers an ideal foundation for hairstyling
- Detangles hair and boosts shine
- Has a pleasant scent
- Can be used on all hair types
How To Use
- Apply 1-2 pumps of oil to clean and dry hair
- Apply from mid-length to end
- You can blow dry or let your hair dry naturally
Pro tip: Mix a few drops of Morrocan oil treatment with a hydrating mask for better results.
3. Redken One United Multi-Benefit Treatment Spray
The Redken One United is one of the best leave-in hair products for damaged hair. It’s a combination product, which you can also use as a rinse-out treatment. Lightweight and sulfate free, it provides a range of benefits, some of which are:
- It’s a heat protectant that detangles your hair
- Hydrates hair, prevents breakage, and adds shine
- Is safe for color-treated hair
- Nourishes rough hair and makes them smooth
- Reduces frizz so that you can style your hair easily
- Formulated with coconut oil, it makes hair look healthy and vibrant
- Gives instant results
- Suitable for all hair types
How To Use
- After shampooing and conditioning your hair
- towel dry it to remove excess water.
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Spray the treatment onto damp or dry hair
- Start at the hair roots and work your way to the ends.
- Use your fingers or a wide comb to distribute the product evenly throughout your hair.
- Do not rinse the product out of your hair.
- Style your hair as desired
4. KEVIN MURPHY Repair-Me Shampoo
This shampoo reconstructs your damaged hair. It contains powerful proteins from bamboo and silk amino acids. These ingredients help in removing impurities from hair and give strength. Moreover, the Kevin Murphy Repair-Me shampoo is sulfate and paraben free and contains beneficial enzymes. Thus, it is ideal for all hair types.
How To Use
- Apply to wet hair.
- Gently massage through your hair and scalp.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
You can use it daily for the best results.
5. KEVIN MURPHY Repair-Me Conditioner
The Kevin Murphy Repair-Me conditioner is a nourishing conditioner that makes your hair soft and manageable. It contains shea butter and aloe vera extracts that lubricate your hair. Some of its benefits are:
This reconstructing conditioner protects your hair from damage
- Gives strength and shine to your hair
- Is a nourishing conditioner that makes hair soft and manageable
- Is paraben free
How To Use
- Wash your hair and then apply this conditioner
- Leave it for 1-2 minutes so that your hair absorbs the benefits
- Rinse your hair thoroughly
6. PUREOLOGY Strength Care Shampoo
Hair dyes contain different chemicals that can damage your hair. Proper care is necessary after dying your hair. PUREOLOGY strengthening shampoo contains restorative and repair ingredients. These include argan oil, jojoba oil, and sunflower seed oil, which help to repair and protect hair from damage. However, Pureology shampoo is only recommended for severely damaged hair.
Some of its benefits are:
- Gives strength to all hair types
- Helps reduce breakage and split ends from heat styling or over-processing
- Has powerful antioxidants that heal breakage. Your hair looks healthier
- Protects color.
- Cleanses and softens your hair
How To Use
- Take a good amount of product and apply it to your wet hair.
- Leave it in your hair for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse your hair.
- Repeat this process if necessary.
7. PUREOLOGY Strength Care Conditioner
The Pureology strengthening conditioner is one of the best products for damaged colored hair. That’s because it’s not just a conditioner. It softens your hair while protecting the color. For better results, we recommend using this conditioner with PUREOLOGY shampoo. Its benefits are:
- It Detangles your rough hair.
- Fortifies and repairs color-treated hair and restores healthier hair.
- Contains the plant-based protein Keravis which is good for strengthening strands.
- Suitable for all hair types.
- It sulfate free and helps prevent further damage.
How To Use
- After shampooing, apply a quarter amount of the product.
- Leave in your hair for 1-2 minutes
- Rinse your hair
8. KERASTASE Resistance Length Strengthening Shampoo
Kerastase is a fortifying shampoo that contains powerful amino acids and ceramides. These ingredients help in improving elasticity from roots to tips. Its hair benefits are:
- Helps to rebuild hair’s internal structure.
- Removes dirt, impurities, and excess oil from the scalp.
- Suitable for weak hair.
How To Use
- Apply a quarter amount of shampoo to wet hair.
- Massage through length and ends.
- Rinse thoroughly.
9. KERASTASE Resistance Length Strengthening Conditioner
This light and creamy conditioner is the ideal product to detangle hair strands. It makes hair easy to comb without breakage. Its benefits include:
- Eliminates bacteria and impurities.
- Improves hair length.
- Enriched with ceramides to flatten the cuticles.
How To Use
After shampooing, apply a small amount from mid-length to ends.
Leave for 1-2 minutes and rinse.
10. KERASTASE Resistance Length Hair Serum
If you’re looking for one of the best drugstore hair products for damaged hair, look no further. The Kerastase hair serum is a non-greasy formula that contains ceramides to seal the hair cuticles. It stimulates the scalp and gently detangles the lengths. The serum makes hair stronger from roots to tips. Its other benefits are:
- Purifies and protects the scalp.
- Adds shine and moisture to the hair.
- Controls frizz and split ends.
How To Use
- Towel dry your hair after washing.
- Apply 1-2 pumps of serum from mid-length to ends.
- Leave for a minute, and then blow dry your hair.
Pro Tip: You can also use it on dry hair.
There you have it – the best professional hair products for damaged hair, according to stylists. From shampoos and conditioners to treatments and styling products, many options are available to suit different hair types and concerns. Choosing the right hair care products and using them regularly can nourish, protect, and repair your hair, leaving it looking healthy, shiny, and vibrant.
Which products are suitable for color-treated hair?
Products like REDKEN, one united multi-benefit treatment spray, are specifically made for color-treated hair. They are sulfate and paraben free. As these products are gentle on the hair, they protect hair color.
What’s the best salon treatment for damaged hair?
The best hair treatment for dry and frizzy hair for you will depend on your hair type, needs, and concerns. If your hair needs nourishment, you should go for moisturizing treatments. Protein treatments repair hair damage. Likewise, deep conditioning treatments are ideal for providing intense moisture and nourishment. However, Most salons prefer hot oil treatment for instant results.
Can you fully repair damaged hair?
No. Any kind of treatment only works 70-80% on damaged hair. While it is possible to improve the health and appearance of damaged hair, it may only be possible to partially repair it. Hair damage is typically caused by heat styling, chemical treatments, and environmental damage. These factors can cause permanent changes to the hair’s structure.
According to experts, what damages your hair most?
There are various causes of hair damage, like Stress, over-treatments, overexposure to heat styling products, lifestyle, and diet. The one reason you’re often exposed to will damage your hair the most.
What do hairdressers use to make hair soft and shiny?
Well, most hairdressers use oils, hair serums, and blow-dry sprays to protect hair from damage and make hair smooth and shiny.